U+A’s KSA office is expanding, and we are currently looking for a senior architect to join our team on a full-time basis. Below are the following requirements for the position. If interested, please send your CV and portfolio to CV@ua-intl.co.
- You must be a Senior Site Architect (with a bachelor’s degree in architecture).
- 10-15 years of site supervision experience on high-rise residential projects in the UAE.
- Should be a strong professional architect with good energy and a “can do” attitude.
- Software knowledge of BIM, AUTOCAD, REVIT.
- Delegates effectively and efficiently where appropriate and follows up on delegated tasks up to completion of the task(s).
- Keeps abreast of the latest software/techniques to increase productivity.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Organises own and others work to achieve set deadlines
- Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of own work.
- Responsible for the correctness, accuracy and complete multi-disciplinary coordination of the design documentation prepared by the assigned team.
- Develops specific, standardised procedures to achieve project requirements and deadlines.
- Proactively checks and coordinates project documents (including but not limited to multi-disciplinary drawings, design reports, technical specifications, etc.) and ensures they meet client requirements and industry standards.
- Ensures accuracy and quality of discipline BIM model information, presentation, and coordination.
- Takes accountability for own work and subordinates’ work.
- Routinely interacts with clients, contractors, local authority representatives and others using skills of persuasion and negotiation to resolve critical issues.
- Collaborates/communicates with other disciplines regarding coordination issues and common design tasks.
- Regularly reviews and checks their own and team deliverables for accuracy, efficiency and thoroughness ensuring delivery is as per client requirements and industry standards.
- Leads team and other disciplines regarding coordination issues and common design & BIM model development tasks.
- Communicates with clarity, purpose and accuracy.
- Determines solutions, methods and procedures on assignments to deliver products and services.
- Adopts creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops appropriate research and documentation to support these solutions.
- Provides guidance to junior staff.
- Participates in pro-active coordination with internal and external design disciplines to achieve a high-quality consistent set of presentation or design documents as per client requirements and industry standards.
- Responsible for the preparation and compilation of design presentations and reports.
- Reviews/checks material schedules and sample boards.
- Takes responsibility for preparation of discipline drawings for submission to the Statutory Authorities.
- Maintains developed knowledge of local and international codes, regulations and submission requirements.
- Attends/leads client meetings.
- Confidently presents work to colleagues, clients and stakeholders.