U+A’s Dubai office is growing! We are currently looking for a Site Architect and Architectural Inspector to join our team on a full-time basis. Below are the following requirements for all three positions:
Senior Architect (Buildings)
· You must be a Senior Site Architect (with a bachelor’s degree in architecture).
· 10-15 years of site supervision experience on high-rise residential projects in the UAE.
· Should be a strong professional architect with good energy and a “can do” attitude.
· Software knowledge of BIM, AUTOCAD, REVIT.
· Delegates effectively and efficiently where appropriate and follows up on delegated tasks up to completion of the task(s).
· Keeps abreast of the latest software/techniques to increase productivity.
· Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
· Organises own and others work to achieve set deadlines
· Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of own work.
· Responsible for the correctness, accuracy and complete multi-disciplinary coordination of the design documentation prepared by the assigned team.
· Develops specific, standardised procedures to achieve project requirements and deadlines.
· Proactively checks and coordinates project documents (including but not limited to multi-disciplinary drawings, design reports, technical specifications, etc.) and ensures they meet client requirements and industry standards.
· Ensures accuracy and quality of discipline BIM model information, presentation, and coordination.
· Takes accountability for own work and subordinates’ work.
· Routinely interacts with clients, contractors, local authority representatives and others using skills of persuasion and negotiation to resolve critical issues.
· Collaborates/communicates with other disciplines regarding coordination issues and common design tasks.
· Regularly reviews and checks their own and team deliverables for accuracy, efficiency and thoroughness ensuring delivery is as per client requirements and industry standards.
· Leads team and other disciplines regarding coordination issues and common design & BIM model development tasks.
· Communicates with clarity, purpose and accuracy.
· Determines solutions, methods and procedures on assignments to deliver products and services.
· Adopts creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops appropriate research and documentation to support these solutions.
· Provides guidance to junior staff.
· Participates in pro-active coordination with internal and external design disciplines to achieve a high-quality consistent set of presentation or design documents as per client requirements and industry standards.
· Responsible for the preparation and compilation of design presentations and reports.
· Reviews/checks material schedules and sample boards.
· Takes responsibility for preparation of discipline drawings for submission to the Statutory Authorities.
· Maintains developed knowledge of local and international codes, regulations and submission requirements.
· Attends/leads client meetings.
· Confidently presents work to colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
Architectural Inspector (Buildings)
· Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in similar projects in UAE.
· Experience with renowned international consultancy firms.
· Strong site inspection record.
· Understands the NCR and SOR procedure.
· Diploma or degree in architecture.
· Able to execute all the assigned tasks and duties, related to own discipline and independently.
· Able to inspect all the finishes and architectural works of the contractor.
· Demonstrates constructive and cooperative working relationships, coordinating with other inspector disciplines, and maintaining them over time.
· Retrieving, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant U+A Quality Management systems.
· A willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
· Able to translate design to installation.
· Able to highlight concerns and report them to the senior inspector/architect.
· Work in projects in accordance with inspector level.
· Practices Health and Safety standards and procedures on projects.
· Is detail oriented.
· Good communication skills.
· Team leadership abilities.
· Reviewing the contractor’s progress at all times.
· Monitoring the work performed, the material incorporated in the work, the materials stored at the site and the contractor’s manpower, equipment and report.
· Coordinating the efforts of separate contractors.
· Observing the safety procedures followed by the contractor.
· Issuing instructions as necessary to correct safety violations.
· Attending weekly, monthly and other progress meetings held at the site as required. Review the contractor’s progress.
· Identifying constraints and recommend corrective measures.
· Remaining vigilant regarding all aspects of the construction activities.
· Assisting with preparation and transmittal of site directions and instructions.
· Coordinating with the team on site to ensure that contractual obligations are met. Carry out other tasks that may be assigned to you with your expertise from time to time.
· Undertaking overview supervision duties on site to ensure general compliance of the works with specification and contract requirements and when necessary, address deficiencies associated with the same.
· Coordinating all aspects of submittals, review and approvals against contract requirements and when applicable report and advise on deviations from the same.
· Coordinating as may be required with client on all specialist participation related to the final acceptance of the works in readiness for fit-out and operation of the project.
· Assisting client in all aspects of the final acceptance of the work and close-out of all applicable contracts related to the same.
· Should be able to work well with other people and to communicate clearly.
· Accuracy and precision of works.
· Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
· Accountability for assigned work.
· Experience reviewing design documents.
· Prior experience in an inspector role for a consultancy.
If interested, Please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org